184.108.40.206 Tubular Component Overview
|For Standard||WITSML v2.0|
To include more details about the components that make up a tubular string, use the tubular component object (Figure 220.127.116.11-1). Note that this object is a “child” of the tubular object (that is, tubular component is NOT an Energistics top-level element).
The figure shows the different lists of particular components that can be enumerated. Examples of the information found in this object include:
- Connection joints, including diameters and connection details, such as thread type and yield point.
- Motor type and detail of the motor such as bend settings and flow rate settings
- Stabilizer details of blade length and type
- Bit nozzle information for type and orientation
- Hole opener size and type
- Jar information such as type and action needed to activate
- The tubular component object can also reference these child objects, which are further explained below:
- Tubulars tool object
- Bit record object
Data for component details should be populated as they are assembled in the string. The service provider or the tubular and relate data can recommend appropriate frequency of data updates.