3.3 Scope of Simple Product Volume Data Objects
|For Standard||PRODML v2.0|
The scope of this section pertains specifically to the Simple Product Volume data objects. Data in scope for the current version includes:
- The standards established and lessons learned by the Norwegian Production Reporting Guidelines using the Product Volume object first released in PRODML v1.1, and retained (updated to Energistics Common Technical Architecture style) in PRODML v2.0. Most of the data transfers supported by this standard have been included in the Simple Product Volume package. See the note in Section 3.1 Overview of Simple Product Volume Reporting, the NAPR Project , and the earlier PRODML models devised for the Norwegian Continental Shelf concerning the earlier data objects.
- The previous work by the National Data Repository workgroup has been considered and leveraged, where appropriate, in developing North American standards.
Out of scope are:
- Regulatory reporting in North America, which is complex and varies by state.
- Regulatory reporting in the rest of the world, although it is hoped that in many cases the current data model will be adequate for this purpose.
- Security infrastructure, such as user identity and authentication, for example used in transfer of data between partners.